1. KNOWLEDGE OF THE CURRENT MARKET: REALTORS® have market knowledge. Because of their access to the most recent market data, agents are able to give you advice on realistic purchase and listing prices. Plus, they can provide you with a report of comparable homes for sale and historic market data, so that you can ensure you’re getting the most for your money.
2. NEGOTIATION SKILLS: They negotiate for you. One of the most difficult tasks whether buying or selling a home, is handling the negotiations. Many times, agents can help you to get creative with your offers, so that you end up with a deal that has your best interests in mind.
3. TIME: They coordinate and host your showings. Whether you’re buying or selling, agents can be a lifesaver when it comes to doing the hard work for you. When selling your home, it is almost impossible to coordinate showings and open houses in between your work and life schedule. A agent will be there for you when a last minute showing comes up in the middle of the day or when you need to schedule 15 appointments on a Saturday.
4. INSIDE SCOOP: REALTORS® offer additional ways to find and sell homes. When looking for a new home, agents have the inside scoop on the latest listings – sometimes even before they hit the MLS. Through their relationships, they’re able to quickly assess the seller’s situation in order to give you advice on offer negotiation tactics. When selling, agents will leverage their networks in order to sell your home more aggressively to other agents. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts
5. SALES SKILLS: REALTORS® know how to sell homes. Today, prospective buyers expect professional photos and videos to accompany your listing. Let your agent handle staging and marketing your home across various channels.
6. INSPECTION INSIGHT: They will help you negotiate inspections. If you’re planning on buying a new home, expect for your inspector to find things that need to be fixed before closing. Your REALTOR® will help you wade through your inspection report and decide which items should be fixed prior to closing. On the selling side, your REALTOR® will provide the same guidance when your buyer comes back with fix requests.
7. KNOWLEDGE OF SERVICE PROVIDERS: REALTOR’S® will connect you with trusted partners. As you buy or sell a home, you may need to hire additional professional services, including: inspectors, lawyers, moving companies, plumbers, title companies and more. Let your real estate agent recommend people that they have a good reputation in your community.
8. AT THE CLOSING: Your REALTOR® will guide you through the closing process. At the closing table, your real estate agent will be right there with you to explain each piece of paperwork before you sign. It will make you feel more at ease with the process.
9. KEEPING YOU IMPARTIAL: They will help you stay objective. Whether buying or selling a home, it’s important to stay objective during negotiations in order to get the best deal.
10. REAL ESTATE EXCELLENCE: Great REALTOR’S® will help you buy or sell a home quickly. Work with an Executive, and you’ll be working with the BEST! For 50 years, Realty Executives has put the consumer first. We have embraced all of the changes in Real Estate over the years, placing technology, marketing and training initiatives first so that agents and brokers throughout our expansive network can meet the needs of clients today and tomorrow.